Warning: this is the most inspirational podcast you’ll listen to all week (besides the one with Kanye).
Steven Diaz (@mrstevendiaz) is a coach, leader, and what I would call a “digital motivational speaker.” On that point, Steven is the motivational speaker’s motivational speaker. Those who know me well know that I’m skeptical of most motivational rah-rah. But I’ve relied on Steven for much inner-strength and confidence during times when I would otherwise break down and sob in a fetal position. I’m incredibly blessed to have Steven in my life. He has a deep heart for people, especially for people who can’t see their their own potential — a category I’ve fallen into often, hence, my constant pestering Steven for spiritual support.
This conversation orbits around Steven’s philosophy for leadership, while diverging into topics like:
- What’s the other half of running away?
- How to overcome the fear of your potential.
- Why is it so difficult to believe in our skills, talents, and perspectives?
- How to help people who don’t want help.
- This is Water by David Foster Wallace
- Where to find energy to do what you love, everyday, no matter how busy you are.
- Where does Steven get his constant stream of energy from?
- Why does coaching matter?
- “I really think we orbit a lot.”
- Creating things that don’t plug into an outlet.
- Why is it so hard to start new routines?
- Steven’s wild obsession with Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew
- …and so much more.