Today I’m joined by hardware engineer and comedy writer Kevin Rapp. Kevin writes a weekly newsletter about nothing, aptly titled the “Full of Krapp newsletter.” I’m subscribed to dozens of newsletters. Kevin’s is by far one of my favorites. It’s part hysterical part informative take on the ridiculousness of modern life. Highly recommended.
- Comedy, what it is and why it matters
- Kevin’s favorite comedians (and some of mine)
- The outrageousness of outrage culture
- People who get compared to Hitler who shouldn’t be compared to Hitler
- Writing advice
- Glue, horses, and how they’re (not) related
- Criticism and how nobody avoids it (even Viktor Frankl)
- The draconian California lockdown curfew
- And loads more.
Every Sunday, I write a weekly newsletter full of advice for creatives, plus extra goodies like drafts of blog posts and previews of the podcast. Sounds good? Click here to subscribe and get the next issue delivered straight to your inbox on Sunday.
PS: Does The Penguin Latte Podcast remind you of the excitement of fresh presents on Christmas morning? If so, please consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes all of 60 seconds (or 120 seconds if you’re feeling extra spicy). By leaving a review, you’re making the podcast 1% better. So, if 500 of you leave reviews, the podcast gets 500% better (if I have my math right). Plus, I love reading all of your juicy comments. Thanks so much!