Who you are today is the result of what you were doing for the past 3 months. That’s what people see.Danny Miranda
WARNING: This conversation is equivalent to ONE BILLION GRAMS of caffeine.
Today on the show I’m joined by Danny Miranda (@heydannymiranda), host of The Danny Miranda Podcast. Danny’s a beast. He’s got a heart full of love and a passion for daily improvement. Danny Miranda has interviewed many powerful creatives and performers from the likes of Gary Vaynerchuk to Joe Ferraro. His outlook on life is contagious and after recording this I felt like running up a mountain.
In this conversation we talk about how self-love can lead to strength, the craft of podcasting, and how to keep our minds and bodies sharp to do our best work.
SUPPORT DANNY OR DIE
Danny on Twitter (podcast clips and daily motivation)
The Danny Miranda Podcast (it’s amazing)
Danny’s Blog (very regular and good)
In this episode we cover…
- Why do the Olympics work? (5:00)
- CHOOSE THE HARD PATH. (8:00)
- What was Danny Miranda doing before he ‘became’ Danny Miranda? (13:00)
- Wasted time? So what. The path is ALWAYS OPEN. (trying to do my best Jocko impression.) (17:00)
- Can self-love lead to strength? / How do we begin loving ourselves, and why should we? (22:00)
- Life becomes easier the harder you make it (30:00)
- The content creator’s dilemma (32:00)
- Authenticity and keeping promises (38:00)
- Danny Miranda’s been blogging since he was…how young!? (40:00)
- Do what you were doing when you were a kid (Not who you wanted to be as a kid. That’s different and rarely works.) (44:00)
- What did Danny Miranda do first when he decided to make content? (46:00)
- Figure out what you’re good at and what you’re not (50:00)
- Creatives, put in the reps! (53:00)
- This is how you host a successful podcast (55:00)
- Podcasting is an excuse to give yourself a reason to practice life skills (1:02:00)
- Preparation matters (1:05:00)
- Hey, how’s your life going? (1:08:00)
- Handling negativity (1:13:00)
- Big audience, big responsibility (1:17:00)
- Meditation and the sheer miracle of being alive (1:20:00)
- What does a typical morning and evening look like for Danny Miranda? (1:31:00)
- Flow. Everyday. (1:38:00)
- Running and working out everyday (1:41:00)
- Life skills > metrics (1:44:00)
- The grind. But is it? (1:48:00)
- Shoutouts to the Miranda family (1:50:00)
- The guillotine (1:56:00)
Cheers to your good health.
Does The Penguin Latte Podcast remind you of fresh presents on Christmas morning? If so, please consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes all of 60 seconds (61 if you’re feeling extra spicy). Reviews make the podcast 1% better. If 500 of you leave reviews, the podcast gets 500% better. Plus, I love reading all of your juicy comments. Thanks!
This episode is brought to you (and powered) by Flow State Coffee! My buddy Greg Frontiero started a company that sells products designed to put you in that groovy sensation called Flow. His first product, Flow State Coffee, is some of the best coffee I’ve tasted. Plus, it doesn’t make you feel like you’re about to have a heart attack after drinking 6 cups of it (I’ve tried).
Use this link to buy a bag with code PAUL automatically applied for a discount.