This conversation was very special for me. I hope it’s very special for you.
Today I’m joined by Teevee Aguirre. Teevee is a father and marketer with a YouTube channel, blog, and podcast about fatherhood, parenting, and…dance! He is an excellent human being. A wellspring of wisdom and experience for anyone of any age. I’m blessed to have had the opportunity to speak with him.
In this episode we cover…
- What is the meaning of manliness? (4:45)
- How has raising 2 daughters changed Teevee Aguirre? (8:00)
- On overprotective parents (mild salsa rant) (11:00)
- “My father was old-school.” (16:00)
- What values are Teevee’s daughters learning from him? (Why should a child learn how to argue?) (26:00)
- On overprotective parents (spicy salsa rant) (29:00)
- Parents: pay attention (31:00)
- Divorce. (37:00)
- “I just don’t understand why you don’t have a bed” (40:00)
- Aging makes you younger (47:00)
- Teevee texted a male adult, “Will you be my friend?” and, actually… (52:00)
- “Hey bro let’s have a play date!” (59:00)
- On the Kizomba dance style and “we’re monkeys..monkey’s love touching other monkeys” (1:02:00)
- Life lessons from improv, dance, and music (Chipotle plays some good ass music) (1:07:00)
- Masculinity & femininity (1:14:00)
- Running on autopilot (1:17:00)
- Life lessons from marketing (1:21:00)
- Daughter’s first curse word (1:25:00)
- Kizomba during the pandemic (1:28:00)
- Grammarly, for speaking (1:31:00)
- Videos, blogs, podcasts, PUT IN THE REPS! (1:34:00)
- “You deserve that pen little man” (1:42:00)
- On content and how to make it better (1:46:00)
- THE LAST QUESTION (1:50:00)
The Coddling Of The American Mind (unmentioned, but relevant)
Cheers, and here’s to your good health.
Does The Penguin Latte Podcast remind you of fresh presents on Christmas morning? If so, please consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes all of 60 seconds (61 if you’re feeling extra spicy). Reviews make the podcast 1% better. If 500 of you leave reviews, the podcast gets 500% better. Plus, I love reading all of your juicy comments. Thanks!
This episode is brought to you (and powered) by Flow State Coffee! My buddy Greg Frontiero started a company that sells products designed to put you in that groovy sensation called Flow. His first product, Flow State Coffee, is some of the best coffee I’ve tasted. Plus, it doesn’t make you feel like you’re about to have a heart attack after drinking 6 cups of it (I’ve tried).
Use this link to buy a bag with code PAUL automatically applied for a discount.