There is space for everyone to enjoy music and to make the music that they like.Ciyadh Wells
This conversation flows like honey.
Today I’m joined by Ciyadh Wells! Ciyadh is a classical guitarist and host of the super rad Musically Cogitating Podcast, a show about the importance of music and it’s impact on our lives. Rad, right? In this conversation we discuss music and why we love it, podcasting, and why we do it. I had a super fun time with this conversation and I hope you do, too.
SUPPORT CIYADH WELLS ONLINE
In this episode we cover…
- Ciyadh has a great voice for podcasting (4:00)
- “I’ve been playing guitar for 14 years” (6:00)
- “I love creating the things that I consume.” (9:00)
- Why you need a website (12:00)
- What makes podcasting so cool? (15:00)
- “Music is like food: everyone has an opinion.” (19:00)
- Tips and tools for podcasters (22:00)
- Doing what you love: it’s not easy. (27:00)
- “Oh.. you have a podcast?” (31:00)
- How does music effects us? (34:00)
- Underrepresented voices in classical music, recommendations (42:00)
- Music can’t be explained. It just happens (47:00)
- What is classical guitar and how is it played? (51:00)
- Music Appreciation Class: A spicy salsa rant (58:00)
- What music says about us (1:04:00)
- Creativity and sharing your work (1:15:00)
- Back on podcasting (1:25:00)
- I used to make electronic music (and listened to music that scared my mom) (1:29:00)
- Sendoff (1:33:00)
Cheers, and here’s to your good health.
Does The Penguin Latte Podcast remind you of fresh presents on Christmas morning? If so, please consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes all of 60 seconds (61 if you’re feeling extra spicy). Reviews make the podcast 1% better. If 500 of you leave reviews, the podcast gets 500% better. Plus, I love reading all of your juicy comments. Thanks!
This episode is brought to you (and powered) by Flow State Coffee! My buddy Greg Frontiero started a company that sells products designed to put you in that groovy sensation called Flow. His first product, Flow State Coffee, is some of the best coffee I’ve tasted. Plus, it doesn’t make you feel like you’re about to have a heart attack after drinking 6 cups of it (I’ve tried).
Use this link to buy a bag with code PAUL automatically applied for a discount.