Play is the vaccine for all of life’s woesRitesh Reddy
This conversation will wake up your inner child!
Today I’m joined by RITESH REDDY! Ritesh Reddy is a ‘funsultant’ from India. In this conversation we talk play, why it matters, death, why Ritesh is rarely indoors, how the traditional school system stifles children’s play, how everything is better outdoors, flow states, creativity, and more!
PLAY WITH REDDY ON THE WEB:
In this episode we cover…
- The balance of seriousness and playfulness (4:00)
- How do we stay happy and productive? (7:00)
- Sanity metrics vs vanity metrics – when it comes to our life’s work, what measurements matter? (13:00)
- Physical play and intellectual play (19:00)
- Ritesh Reddy is rarely indoors – why? (26:00)
- Play and the fear of death (30:00)
- Playing infinite games (with infinite people) (38:00)
- Why do we modern people lack a sense of satisfaction? (44:00)
- Ritesh Reddy’s morning routine for optimal joy and creativity (52:00)
- Everything is better outside (58:00)
- Ritesh Reddy’s Low information diet: Information as a crux on the path to wisdom, and the problem with vanity metrics (1:00:00)
- There’s power in silence, there’s joy in laughter (1:15:00)
- The search for wisdom: should we share every insight with the world? (1:20:00)
- Green coffee, weird beverages! (1:26:00)
- Ritesh Reddy’s battle with addiction, darkness and isolation — how did family and social ties help him out of the darkest pit of his life? (1:30:00)
- Experiencing emotions in their totality (1:45:00)
- A conversation is a dance (1:50:00)
- Ritesh Reddy wants to ask strangers the big questions of life (1:53:00)
- The future of play (1:56:00)
- Parting thoughts (2:00:00)
Cheers to your good health,
Does The Penguin Latte Podcast remind you of fresh presents on Christmas morning? If so, please consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes all of 60 seconds (61 if you’re feeling extra spicy). Reviews make the podcast 1% better. If 500 of you leave reviews, the podcast gets 500% better. Plus, I love reading all of your juicy comments. Thanks!
This episode is brought to you (and powered) by Flow State Coffee! My buddy Greg Frontiero started a company that sells products designed to put you in that groovy sensation called Flow. His first product, Flow State Coffee, is some of the best coffee I’ve tasted. Plus, it doesn’t make you feel like you’re about to have a heart attack after drinking 6 cups of it (I’ve tried).
Visit noowave.co and apply code PAUL at checkout for 10% off!