It doesn’t really matter what kind of goal that you make, you just have to make something and go towards it and new doors will open along the way. Something always happens when you start to take steps forward.John Daub
It’s conversations like these that make me glad I started podcasting.
This is a rerelease of episode 16 of The Penguin Latte Podcast. It’s a conversation with John Daub (@ONLYinJAPANtv), creator of the hit YouTube series Only In Japan with John Daub! It’s my favorite thing on the internet, by far. John Daub is the most spirited and hard working creator I have had the privilege of speaking with. He’s got a heart of gold and an admirable work ethic paired with a dedication to serve the culture of Japan.
Support John Daub!
In this episode we cover…
- Why is storytelling so important to John Daub? (10:00)
- Stories of life in Japan, challenging videos (13:00)
- Why did John Daub start making videos about Japan? (20:00)
- “If you can find a way to make something fun, you can accomplish anything” (22:00)
- How to combine hard work and positivity (25:00)
- “If you are presenting positive work and smiling throughout it, you connect with people that might not be feeling good and it has a positive effect.” (29:00)
- “Community is everything.” (31:00)
- “When I felt really bad as a person, I would create – anything!” (32:00)”
- John Daub’s Work ethic: “I feel so blessed to have this job” (36:00)
- John Daub’s personality in his edits and livestreams; putting a Go Pro in a toilet!? (41:00)
- THE LAST QUESTION: Dream jobs, positivity, goal-setting, and tying it all together (42:00)
Young Frankenstein – humor and personality in film editing
Cheers to your good health,
SUPPORT THE SHOW!
3 ways to do it:
- Subscribe for $10 a month — get episodes the day I record them. No preamble. No ads.
- Show your support by buying a Penguin Latte of $5, $10, or more!
- Greg makes coffee: Grab some Flow State Coffee, enter code PAUL at checkout for a discount.
Does The Penguin Latte Podcast remind you of fresh presents on Christmas morning? If so, please consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes all of 60 seconds (61 if you’re feeling extra spicy). Reviews make the podcast 1% better. If 500 of you leave reviews, the podcast gets 500% better. Plus, I love reading all of your juicy comments. Thanks!
This episode is brought to you (and powered) by Flow State Coffee! My buddy Greg Frontiero started a company that sells products designed to put you in that groovy sensation called Flow. His first product, Flow State Coffee, is some of the best coffee I’ve tasted. Plus, it doesn’t make you feel like you’re about to have a heart attack after drinking 6 cups of it (I’ve tried).
Visit noowave.co and apply code PAUL at checkout for 10% off!