Lean in and deploy what’s unique to you.JACK BUTCHER
Jack Butcher joins The Penguin Latte Podcast! Jack Butcher (@jackbutcher) is the founder of Visualize Value (@visualizevalue). Visualize Value is part design agency part social media experiment designed to help entrepreneurs and creatives communicate their core principles and leverage their expertise through graphics, words, and videos.
Timestamps (for YouTube)
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:30 – Jack Butcher is a dad
- 2:00 – Creator culture: what the hell is it?
- 5:30 – “Do something that somebody else can’t do without you”
- 8:30 – Results vs aesthetics
- 11:00 – Unnatural skills
- 12:30 – Distilling expertise
- 20:25 – Sharing knowledge when you’re not a ‘knowledge worker’
- 23:45 – Empathy through design
- 26:15 – Difficult problems
- 30:00 – The nuance of saying no
- 36:00 – Respond to demand (unless it’s Claymation)
- 39:45 – Working under pressure
- 43:40 – Failures, missing expectations
- 46:00 – Criticism = empathy
- 51:45 – Jack’s early work, style vs function
- 58:00 – Working with constraints
- 1:02:00 – Can minimalism be taken too far?
- 1:06:00 – Necessity of art
- 1:07:30 – Success, time, work, and retirement (is a stupid idea)
- 1:13:30 – Leisure time
- 1:16:45 – Guillotine time
Cheers to your good health,
SUPPORT THE SHOW!
3 ways to do it:
- Subscribe for $10 a month — get episodes the day I record them. No preamble. No ads.
- Show your support by buying a Penguin Latte of $5, $10, or more!
- Greg makes coffee: Grab a bag of Flow State Coffee — Brewed with L-Theanine and Raw Cacao, Flow State Coffee is designed to promote mental clarity and creativity.
Visit noowave.co and apply code PAUL at checkout for 10% off!
Does The Penguin Latte Podcast remind you of fresh presents on Christmas morning? If so, please consider leaving a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes. It takes all of 60 seconds (61 if you’re feeling extra spicy). Reviews make the podcast 1% better. If 500 of you leave reviews, the podcast gets 500% better. Plus, I love reading all of your juicy comments. Thanks!