Rome wasn’t built in 1 day. Nor was it built by 1 person.

When I built Video Storytelling Class, I spent 80% of my time recording and editing the curriculum. The other 20% I spent asking friends who’re way better than I am at things I can’t do very well.

I’m a video guy, not a copywriter. I didn’t know the first thing about designing a good sales page. So I consulted with friends who did. Lo and behold, the sales page worked. 31 students enrolled in the course.

Creators are a rebellious bunch. We use words like ‘solo’ and ‘independent’ and ‘company of 1’ to describe ourselves. But these phrases miss the deep reservoir of expertise from which creators drink.

Vacuums rarely produce anything of value.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s